Wednesday, 13 February 2013

The Valentine's Look




While Valentines day is hated by many, it's also a great day to force your boyfriend to buy you overpriced roses and massive heart shaped boxes of chocolates. The least you can do in return is look gorgeous for him when he takes you out for an expensive meal that he doesn't even really want to attend.


While hunting through my makeup stash for a simple yet slightly dramatic look for an evening out, I came across a MAC eyeshadow quad that had all the perfect colours for a romantic Valentines look. They're outlandish, but not too dark. Shimmery, but not glittery. MAC's Naked Lunch, Paradisco, Star Violet and Hepcat can all create an easy-to-do, romantic look without looking too plastered or vampy. Teamed with a flick of liquid eyeliner (my all time favourite is myface.cosmetics slinky liquid eyeliner), some natural looking lashes and a slick of clear lipgloss, your face will be food-proof and snog-proof for the night!



Happy Valentine's Day!





12 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!

    I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love it if you checked it out! http://tinyurl.com/ajkc8mw

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look absolutely gorgeous Heather, love the look!
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful makeup look Heather, good job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I was fascinated watching you apply your make up haha!

    I love the look, so simple yet so gorgeous! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice makeup!! I like your blog
    following you now!
    xoxo
    straplessandpeeptoesmgj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look beautiful, your eyes just really stand out which is great when you want your boyfriend to notice your eyes like me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE YOUR BLOG, I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU CHECK OUT MY BLOG & FOLLOW IF YOU LIKE :)

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. GIVEAWAY
    2X BOXES OF EYELASHES.
    CHECK IT OUT!
    WWW.MISSCCOLLECTION.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you mind telling me what brand are those eyelashes, please?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D