Saturday, 9 February 2013

Cream Eyeshadows - Hit or Miss?


Cream eye shadows have become increasingly popular over the past 12 months. As someone who prefers to use brushes for all makeup application, I was skeptical of sticking my fingers in pots of coloured cream and rubbing it willy nilly all over my eyes.

When the Maybelline Colour Tattoo range came out though, I began to sway. The word "tattoo" really got me thinking "could a wet cream really stay longer on my lids than a dry powder?" On and On Bronze is my favourite colour of the bunch, producing a warm coppery tone infused with gold shimmer, perfect with almost any eye colour. The formula truly is long lasting and not too hard to blend with fingers or a brush. Additionally, the amount of product in the pot is insane compared to the amount that you would get in a powder shadow.

The Benefit Creaseless creams are another favourite but apparently they are being discontinued which is so annoying! A little more on the pricey side but there are definitely an array of great colours, again with a great formula and consistency.

The downsides are that they are probably more unhygienic to use - sticking your dirty fingers in them over and over can create a battlefield of germs in the pots. Additionally, creamy makeup products have a shorter lifespan than powder products do, so even if you do get more product in the pot than a powder, you'd have to use it pretty frequently to really get your money's worth. 

At the end of the day, I think powder eyeshadows remain at the top of my list. I'm not as hesitant to buy them as I was before, but I prefer to use these creams as a base for a powder shadow, rather than using them on their own. 

What are your thoughts?



10 comments:

  1. I like using cream shadows but even though I don't have particularly oily lids they crease on me. I just generally prefer powder shadows, but like cram as a base xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find the colours very nice *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like cream eyeshadows but find that unless I use a good primer then they crease like hell, which is a pain as they are a good quick fix for during the day!

    becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look lovely! Although I'm not very familiar with cream eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE THE GOLD, SO PRETTY, THEY TEND TO CREASE ON MY EYE LIDS THOUGH, BUT I STILL LOVE THE STYLE :)

    HTTP://HEIDI-LIKES.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like cream eyeshadows but I'll definitely always be a powder girl! I really want to get On and On Bronze!
    Great blog :)
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eternal gold is beautiful xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh no I hope it's not true about the Benefits cream shadows, they are amazing bases :)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't like cream eye shadows at all because they always crease on me, but I bought a Maybelline Color Tattoo (Bold Gold) and loved it! I feel like it stays on really well without creasing. I now have 5 or something..They're great. I haven't worn them by themselves yet, using them as more of a base. I haven't tried any other brands either, so I can't compare them to anything. I would love to try some MAC ones though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D