Thursday, 17 January 2013

Winter Body Skincare



When listening to the radio this morning, Sara Cox revealed that if she removed her tights, there would be a dessert spoon full of Ready Brek- like dead skin in each tight leg. Gross. It made me realise that no matter the season, or whether youre bearing your skin or covering it up, taking care of your skin is never unimportant. Ageing is something I don't really have to worry about at 22, but it will become a problem if I don't take care of my skin now!

Enter my favourite body skin care picks.

Body Shop Shower Gel in Peach & Mango
A continuous repurchase for me, the smell of this shower gel wakes me up instantly in the shower and teamed with my loofah, is a great cleanser for my skin.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
This little tub of heaven gets rid of any rough or dead skin in a heartbeat. It smells like lime Starburst and has the texture of raw cookie dough (which seriously confuses my brain, it's a real struggle not to eat it!). An absolute dream skin care product!

Vaseline Essential Moisture Body Lotion
Oddly, my favourite thing about this lotion is the size of the bottle. I go through a bottle a month of body lotion because I love to use so much, so the fact that this practically comes in bulk is a real perk for me! Smells amazing, soaks in quickly, not expensive, great product overall!

Without these three products my skin would truly suffer. Although I do love a higher end product, my body is unfortunately bigger than my face, thus I have more skin to take care of, and I can't afford to spend  €100 a month on cream for my legs haha.

What are your favourite body care products? X


7 comments:

  1. Wow that is disgusting (Sara Cox) I'm the same I always have to look after my skin. I'm currently looooving the Sugar Crush my S&G the lime in it smells aaaamazing :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! My favorite lotion right now is Aveeno Stress Relief moisturizing lotion (smells like lavender). I love it because it is not greasy at all, soaks in right away.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my body butter from The Bodyshop, it's fresh and smells soo good! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHY would she make that public information haha! I'm pretty bad with keeping my skin looked after in winter, but recently I've been using S&G flake away in the shower and nuxe multi purpose oil after. The best thing about using an oil is that it isn't freezing cold to apply, the main thing that puts me off a moisturiser haha.
    Poppy @ lets drive far away x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Soap & Glory sugar crush body scrub, it leaves your skin feeling so smooth and soft x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love vaseline moisturisers, the body oil gel is my favourite! :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Soap & Glory sugar crush is sooo amazing!
    I love your blog, I'm a new follower :)

    xo
    nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D