Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dolce Vita"


Living back at home in Brussels means limited access to some of my favourite makeup brands. So when I was in London a few weeks ago, I warned the boyfriend that a large chunk of my time would be spent in Selfridges, inhaling the makeup counters and treating myself to a few beauty luxuries.

As soon as I hit the Nars stand I knew that money needed to be spent. To me, Nars is high end but still young and fresh - something that every 20-something beauty obsessive longs to be. Its less "classic" and conservative than some of the other older brands like Chanel (nothing against Chanel!) but still has loads of timeless products (such as their beautiful collection of bold lipsticks)

Enter the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. I was looking for a lip colour that was "my lip colour, but better". Something that I could wear on a daily basis that wasn't too out there, but still looked as if I was wearing makeup.  I picked up this beauty called Dolce Vita, which although is more red toned than my pinky-blue undertoned lips, it still gives my smile that little bit of oompf while I'm at work.



I loved the idea of a matte finish rather than a glossy one, as I prefer to wear matte lip products in the winter when the wind isn't constantly blowing my hair in my face. I absolutely love this pencil and while it's not as long lasting as hoped, the colour pay off is beautiful and the thickness of the pencil makes it easier to apply than a lip pencil and its more precise than a thicker lipstick bullet. Perfect!

Have you every tried the Nars Lip Pencils?



7 comments:

  1. love the color!

    *Love, Raluca*
    http://blackeyedstyle.blogspot.com

    *New post*
    http://blackeyedstyle.blogspot.ro/2013/01/ootd-rockin-in-burgundy.html

    *Facebook page*
    http://www.facebook.com/Blackeyedstyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty color! I had never seen it swatched, I'm in love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously in love with you blog, I love Nars!!

    Catherine xoxo

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color...it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so nice on!!
    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful lipcolor!! xx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D