Sunday, 18 November 2012

How To Remove Glitter Polish Without Losing Your Shit


As we are entering the Christmas Party season, nothing is better than adding some glitter to your nails. I think over the past 1-2 years, glitter nail polishes have become incredibly fashionable, but they never seem to mention on the bottle how INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT it is to remove the damn thing from your nails. 
I've lost count of how many times I've sat on my bedroom floor, practically pouring the entire bottle of nail polish remover over my fingers, desperately trying to get the stuff off, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So one day, some girl in a similar situation came up with an idea on how to successfully remove glittery nail polish! I personally think this woman should receive an award for this.

YOU WILL NEED:

- Glitter nail polish that you regret applying.
- A bottle of nail polish remover (that Bourjois 1 second bottle that you dip your finger in won't work here ladies)
- Some cotton pads
- Some tin foil
- A pair of scissors
- Patience


Step 1
Prepare your cotton pads and tinfoil. I cut my round cotton pads in half, as it's easier to wrap it around your finger if one edge is straight. It also saves on cotton pads! Cut five cotton pads in half to make ten semi-pads to wrap around. Then cut your tin foil into rectangles. I cut some extra ones out just in case I messed up.


Step 2
Soak the cotton pad in nail polish remover and wrap around the nail. Although this photo shows it wrapped around my index finger, I found it easier to start from the pinky finger, so your index finger and thumb are free to keep working when wrapping other fingers up. Once you have wrapped the soaked cotton pad around your finger, wrap a rectangle of tin foil around the finger and secure tightly.


Step 3
Once you have wrapped all of your fingers up, wait 5-10 minutes for the nail polish remover to work its magic. I would recommend doing one hand at a time, as it is difficult to wrap foil around the other hand when one hand is already wrapped up. After a few minutes, take the foil and cotton pads off and HEY PRESTO! your nails should be (almost) completely glitter-free! There might be some leftover around the sides of your nails but this will come off very easily with a quick rub of the same cotton pads that were on your fingers.


It seems like a long process just to remove nail polish, but after realising this way of removing it I am much more likely to wear glitter polish from now on!

Have you ever tried this method? :)



9 comments:

  1. hhaha the name of this post is brilliant. I tried this before but Im impatient and stopped after like 2 minutes. i wear so much glitter polish though so I should really give this a go, I HATE REMOVING GLITTER EUIEJAD. I ruined my bourjuis 1 second one with glitter. everything i put my finger in it came out covered in glitter! Stress. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little trick! I do it all the time; it really saves me so much stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried this method but I really need to! I love glitter nail polishes and I don't use them as often because of how hard they are to remove. Great post lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard of the Essence Peel Off Base Coat? It's used instead of a typical base coat and allows you to peel off your nail polish. It almost entirely eliminates the need for polish remover! I haven't tried it myself, but I have tried Elmer's glue. Apparently, the ingredients in glue and the Essence base coat are the same! I mainly use it with glitter polishes and removal is sooo easy! I'ts amazing! Google it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this method because tinfoil FREAKS ME OUT. I think it's because I have a bit of a phobia from when I used to get a bit excited eating KitKats and bite the foil, which always felt like nails-on-a-blackboard, but on my teeth. Eurgh! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I really hate taking glitter nail polish off so will definitely have to try this! x

    http://b-j-s-t.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post - without losing your shit - amazing!! Those nail varnishes are gorgeous though aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All we can say is THANK YOU!!! Glitter nail polish looks so good but we stopped using it as it was just so HARD to get off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is suuuuuuuuuuuuuch an amazing post girl! plus, it's damn hilarious :D
    Now Ill be able to put as much glitter as i wan! thanks thanks

    im def following u :)
    x
    xx
    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D