Sunday, 6 May 2012

Latest Beauty Buys!


Long time no blog!

Apologies for the lack of posting and such, but the boyfriend came to stay in Brussels for a week and now I'm in Bristol at his house for a week before we both head back to Uni for one last hurrah next Tuesday. It really is one last hurrah this time because come September 2012, I'll have a degree and a Masters! I can't handle any more education haha.

SO! Onto my latest buys!

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Makeup Remover

Obviously the most raved about product in the blogging and YouTube world at the moment. And with good cause! Designed for the most sensitive skin, this water-based makeup remover glides across your skin like, well, water! I absolutely agree with every positive review this has gotten, but as someone who lives on the continent, in a country where this is readily available, I plan to do a separate post and YouTube video on the truth about this product, because some people have been telling porkies about its availability and price!

Liz Earle Eye Bright Soothing Eye Lotion

Everyone knows the Cleanse and Polish but as I was searching for a good product to sweep across my eyes every day, I decided to bypass the well known Origins and Clinique eye products and go back to my old bestie Liz Earle. At about £10 a pop, you can't go wrong! This product is so lovely and soothing on my face, and really wakes my eyes up in the morning. (And by "morning" I mean 2pm ha!)

VIVO Baked Bronzer and Blusher

Everyone has been raving about this Tesco brand (what?! yes!) but the only Tesco in Canterbury s a little one which doesn't sell their range :( but today in Bristol in quite possibly the BIGGEST TESCO IN THE WORLD, I came across these beauties and couldn't resist! Baked blusher in "Peaches and Cream" makes me drool and gives a perfect pale coral shimmer on my cheeks. The baked bronzer in "Healthy Glow" reminds me of MAC's "Soft And Gentle" but at quite literally a fifth of the price! Although not as heavily pigmented as hoped, it's still a lovely product which I'll be wearing every day until I finally get a real tan on my face, when I'll swap to my Topshop Sunbeam highlighter to really make my cheeks pop :D

Clinique Anti Blemish Spot Treatment Gel

I first saw this on Alix's YouTube Channel I Covet Thee (which is an amazing channel by the way, and if you're not subscribed then you're STUPID) on her Skincare Routine Video. She said that this simple gel when applied to your spots would literally ZAP them overnight! I guess I took her too seriously because I woke up the next morning after layering it onto my spots, only to find that my skin was still yuck :( but it does dry up the skin around the spot and reduce redness, effectively getting rid of them in a few days, and you only have to use the SMALLEST amount on your skin, so the bottle will last ages! £12.50 well spent! Thanks Alix!

I love all of my new products yayyy! Have you girls tried any of them out? 

:) X


11 comments:

  1. I was going through my bloglovin' and Greg actually saw your post first was like, hey, Heather made a new post. And I was like, bitch, step off. How do you know that's Heather? MINE. :P then he said, only because you stalk her, freaking lunatic. truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I wish they sold Vivo out here!!v It looks so pretty!! Good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen the Liz Earle eye lotion, really want it now! you have persuaded me ;-)

    Rachel, a fellow Beauty Blogger xx

    http://racheltbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got the biggest Tesco near where I live and they still never seem to stock the Vivo line, so annoying I'm dying to try these!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog, now following! :)

    Please check out mine if you can:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try VIVO products! They seem brilliant!x



    http://styleandstarbucks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That eye bright sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful products!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE anything Clinique. Want to follow each other darling?? Let me know!

    Katie
    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,under name Lilie Marlen,but I don't use any photos so I will be last one on your follower list.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it Have a nice day
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post! New follower via email :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D