Friday, 13 April 2012

My First Week At MakeUp School



As some of you may know, Daddy was kind enough to send a little moolah my way so that I could fulfill my (pipe?) dream of becoming a makeup artist. I've gone through all the stress and hard work of finishing school, my undergraduate degree and now my Masters degree, but there's that small part of me that wishes I didn't have to spend half of my life in academia and get a full time job in an office straight afterwards. Both my parents are very career driven, and I can't really blame them for wanting me to earn lots of money and be well educated....but there's that little voice inside my head telling me that I'd rather be a professional MUA!



So at least I was able to go to Makeup School for a week to really immerse myself in the world of makeup :) I attended The Makeup School in London, run by professional makeup artists Jacqui McElroy and Anastasia Borovik - two of the most genuine and lovely people I have ever met! They call it a "boutique learning environment" - by which they mean that it's just them, a small group of students and the makeup! We primarily used makeup by Laura Mercier, with some NARS, MAC and Armani too. I had a truly wonderful week and learnt everything there is to know!

If any of you are considering a course in makeup artistry, I would definitely recommend the Makeup School in London (Willesden Junction). Click HERE to see their website. The commute for me from Canterbury was exhausting but completely worth it for a week. Here are some photos of our finished looks from my first week. I'll be going back to May for another course! Enjoy! :)





I'll post some photos up again after I go for my second course in May :-)

X







25 comments:

  1. I love that first look with the green colours, very pretty! These looks are all so interesting and diverse, must be great to study with make-up - very jealous!

    Looking forward to next lot of pictures!

    Steph @ stephie-in-wonderland.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had such fun time and learned loads. I'm starting a year long theatrical and media makeup artistry course in september and I can't wait. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in may.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so lucky you get to do a course on makeup artistry! Looks like so much fun and that's only the start :) I can't wait to get out of school,2 years left and they will probably drag lol but when I'm finished my parents wants me to do something different but my heart is set on makeup,doesn't matter about money once you enjoy what your doing :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like a productive week! I love all those looks - especially the dark eye, that dazzley blue eyeliner, and the dark purple lip! & yay at living in Canterbury! :p x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire that you are going after what you truly want! It looks like you've done so so much!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing, congratulations! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These looks are great! I love the 2nd photo, the eye make up is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've learnt a lot, these photos are amazing! Love the 2nd and 3rd photos

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are amazing pictures, looks like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great photos! And well done on following your dreams to become a MUA. I did that too, left the office and went to study Beauty Therapy. U gotta follow ur heart :)

    I nominated you for an award, u can see which on at:

    http://xxmakeupbyhollyxx.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very cool, wow!

    www.dirtypinkcity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing some really nice creative looks there! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very varied and creative looks! I absolutely love the glittery lips, so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's so cool your going to makeup school! love all the pictures so far! look forward to seeing more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all awesome! The further I went down the more excited I got haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!! it's super!!! i lov'it dear!
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/12660991075462

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab! I LOVE those glittery lips, well done!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous blog!! just started following!
    id love a follow back :)
    notoriouseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree great blog, fabolous makeups and beautul big eyes !


      http://style-smile-shine.blogspot.com

      Delete
  19. This is one of my favourite posts of yours. And I gotta say, I love your blog.
    Follow each other? Already am! :)

    XO,
    L.
    WLL

    ReplyDelete
  20. The silver sparkly lips are my favorite :) I was wondering if you could follow my blog. I'm just starting out. thoughtsof93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those silver glittery lips are absolutely wicked! how on earth do you do them!
    Not going to lie I may try and rock that look

    It's Just a bit Fruity Fashion Blog

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These pictures are amazing !! So talented to be able to do this

    your blog is great, if you have time check out mine: www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk and maybe we canfollow each other? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D