Thursday, 19 April 2012

Fashionista Blush


For those of you like me who spend 60-80 hours a week trawling though make-up stands, you might already be aware of the make-up brand Fashionista. 

Fashionista (from what I've seen) is a relatively new make-up brand on the block, sold exclusively in Superdrug. A few weeks ago I was on the hunt for some new blushers to build my make-up kit, and I came across these little gems. I knew I'd like to incorporate some of the infamous MAC and NARS blushers, but I know that there are plenty of brands out there who sell quality blushers for just a fraction of the price, and Fashionista are no exception.


The best thing about the Fashionista blushes is that they come in separate packaging for £4 each, and you can buy the palette with an ENORMOUS mirror for only £5 extra. BUT, if you buy four blushers at the same time, you get the fourth one free AND the palette free! So if you bought them all separately, it would be £16 for the blushers and £5 for the palette = £21, but if you buy them altogether, it's only £12! A whopping £9 saving!

I was really impressed with the pigment of these blushers. I thought that because they were so much cheaper  than the well-known brands that they wouldn't be as good. But I was wrong. While you don't want them to be as pigmented as an eyeshadow (after all, we're going for a "glow" effect) I found that they had the perfect mix of being concentrated in colour, without looking like clown paint.


I will say one negative, and that's when you initially put your brush onto the blush, a LOT of product comes off, so you have to tap your brush quite hard to remove any excess before applying it to your face - otherwise you really will get that clown effect! There have been times when I haven't been paying attention and I won't tap off as much as I should, so really pay attention to this part, otherwise your face will look too brightly painted and you'll have to start again.

I'm really impressed with these blushers, as well as the price and the amazing compact that they come in. And the best part? Their eyeshadows are the same size and price as their blushers, so you can buy four eyeshadows for your quad palette, or even mix and match! So when I go back to England in a few weeks (I'm at home in Brussels at the moment visiting my folks) I'll definitely be heading to Superdrug for another quad or two ;)

Have you ever tried Fashionista? Thoughts?

:) X



22 comments:

  1. I love the look of this!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try one of these, i'm so behind on the times with these blushes!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The palette looks so lovely, you got some really nice colours. I've seen Fashionista in the store but never got round to trying them.

    Charlee
    Check out my giveaway! :)
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh fancy new layout I like it! This palette looks pretty but I wouldn't know what to do with it! :( xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colours look gorgeous. Really want to try some fashionista products, might get this!

    Great blog by the way, I'm now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice colors!! & cute blog ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your blog,
    its great just my style.
    am new to all this blogging but really enjoying it so far
    come check my blog out and maybe even a follow lol

    http://everydaylifeofanorinarygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    Much Love
    Emmy Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing this and really want to purchase it, but I have so many blushers already!
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. like this blog :)


    nice, which firm is it?

    http://vivalavida-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like the colours in this palette!
    lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow thats such a good deal with the blushes! i love a good bargain and saving £9 is amazing! lol! ive never tried anything from fashionista but the colours look great may give it a go! thanks! x

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always have a cheeky glimpse at this range but I never pick any up. When you compare the savings though you could get a few decent blushes here for a bargain price. I will def' take a better look next time and possibly pick some up...despite trying to be on a spending ban...

    Becky
    Becky’s Makeup and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep meaning to get these - I pop to their stand and always walk away with nothing... you've changed my mind now, that's what I'm doing tomorrow morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colours are so beautiful! I've never tried Fashionista products but they seem really good! Also, I was wondering if perhaps you would be interested in a button swap? it's okay if you'd rather not!x


    http://styleandstarbucks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog, I'm following now :) Feel free to check out mine!

    Laura x
    Petit Chatons

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love make-up, but I also hate it... I wish I had the determination to get pretty every day. Love your blog. We should follow each other - http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like Fashionista as a brand, they stuff are pigmented very well and all look lovely. Love the colours you had picked out. I had tried out they eyeshadows so far, and I do really like them. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so excited to try some FashionistA and those VIVO blushes after reading your post. You have a great blog! Just gained a new follower :)

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooo i really want this! Even though i have enough blusher to last me a life time!

    xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D