Friday, 20 January 2012

FOTD: Pretty in Pink

Another day, another essay completed! Somehow I've managed to write over 7500 words this week, only another 5000 to go and then I'm FREE!...for about a week or so.

Even if I'm not going anywhere fancy (or anywhere at all!) I just don't feel complete without makeup. So a little FOTD for you today girlies - how to look fabulous when you're crying in your room over your 389457459738905 word essays !


A heavy cover foundation (necessary for all girls like me who have shit skin), a thin line of kohl eyeliner and a quick flick of mascara, a little rosy cheek with some deep pink blush, and a pink lipstick with lipbalm. VOILA!


I've decided to give lipstains another chance. After hating the first Maybelline one I bought, I decided to buy two more (logic??) from NYC. Everytime I tested them in the shop, they glided so effortlessly onto my lips and they looked great, but when I brought them home and tried them again, they were dry and didn't produce any colour. I bought more to try and apply them in other ways in case I was applying them wrong? Do you have to wet the tips before application? I apply lipbalm ontop instead of underneath so that the nib of the pen doesn't get too sticky. Any other suggestions? This NYC one works quite well but "16Hours" is a bit of an exaggeration!


Products Used
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer 
Nars Blush in Orgasm
Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara
Arcancil Ideal Sourcil eyebrow pencil in Blonde Fonse
Arcancil Kohl Star Liner
Hema Clear brow gel
Nivea HydroCare Lip Balm
NYC Smoochproof Lipstain in Persistent Pink


On a side note, PEREZ HILTON REPLIED TO MY TWEETS!
It was so exciting :D 
YAYY!!


:) X


9 comments:

  1. I'm just the same - I have to wear makeup to my exams (even though there's only me and the invigilator) cos it seems to help me focus somehow! Probably all psycological but hey!

    I love your headband by the way!

    Em :-)
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Nars foundation lately too and loving it. You skin doesn't look bad at all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog hun! can't wait to read more! found you while "blog walking" and thought i would say a hello!

    newest follower <3 -- would love it if you could visit me and follow back sometime ?

    hugs, xo
    *Barbie-Bombshell*.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I love perez! Your makeup looks gorgeous here too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is that Perez? I haven't heard about him. You have very cool cosmetics :D Good luck with your essays :)
    Could you take a look at my personal style blog?
    http://violinstyle.blogspot.com/
    Follow me if you like it.
    I'll be happy to follow you back :)
    Greetings,
    Joanna from www.violinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, I love Perez Hilton - he's such a ledge! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the makeup you've used, I still have yet to buy a Nars product, definitely need to do this soon! :p That's such a shame about the lip stains, that's happened to me to :/ Hope all the work goes well :)

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather! I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Versatile Blogger award, if you're interested! I'm sorry if you already won it, I tried to look through your blog to see if you had or not :D Here's the link to my blog post: http://athingof-beauty.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so pretty!!! That headband is gorgeous too, I've been looking for a nice one of those wool things for age s:) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D