Thursday, 17 November 2011

Everyone Loves a Beauty Haul.

Sometimes, a girl really needs to spend some time alone and for me, there is no better way to spend that time than an afternoon shopping in town. Recently I've been expanding my beauty product collection, and replacing some old favourites with new additions.
These are my new products that I've bought/received over the past two weeks

Radox Showergel, Batiste Dry Shampoo in Boho, Girls Aloud Cheryl Cole fake eyelashes by Eylure, Barry M Nail Effects in Silver Foil, RoC 3 in 1 Cleanser Toner and Moisturiser, Benefit Porefessional Pro Balm, Mac 187 Stippling Brush, Sleek Nude Eye Palette, and Vaseline Essential Moisture Moisturiser.

The "every day essentials" like shower gel, moisturiser and dry shampoo are not really things I'm excited about. Everyone needs them and everyone uses them, but I always enjoy trying out new products so they're all new makes for me :) 


The RoC  3 in 1 cleanser toner and moisturiser is something I'm really excited about because my facial cleansing routine is so boring! I feel like it's more of a chore than anything else, and when I don't get quick results I get disheartened. But this new 3 in 1 saves me loads of time and RoC is very gentle on the skin. And for only £6.99 in Boots, it's a bargain! :)


I've been badgering my boyfriend to buy me presents (cos I'm a greedy bitch haha) but I don't think he ever knows what to get me. Unfortunately, subtlety is not my strong point. I talked about Benefit Porefessional NON STOP for about 2 weeks until he finally gave in. I went into Fenwicks to their Benefit counter to find out everything about it and lectured him on the product. I found loads of links to buy it online and casually left them open on two of his computers. Everytime he told me that he loved me, I replied "and I love Porefessional." I can't believe it took him two whole weeks to decide to buy it for me! He could have shut me up a lot sooner if he had bought it the first day I asked for it!
Anyway, I've been using it for about a week now, and I'm liking it! BUT...I'm not loving it. From the way that the Benefit counter lady spoke about it, from all the reviews I read in magazines and online,I was expecting it to be this one-stop miracle cure to fighting nasty pores. While it does pretty much cover up and minimise my pores, they are still visible. It boasts that it's also a make up primer, and yet it says on the box that you're only supposed to put it on your cheeks and forehead? Also - I find that my foundation doesn't actually sit very well on it, and a line appears where you can see my foundation sitting well on half of my face, and either absorbing or drying up on the side of my face where porefessional is.
Don't get me wrong, IT IS  a good product, I just think that it's not the greatest for my combination skin. Maybe people who have less acne prone skin and a more even skin tone would have more luck with it than I have.




The Sleek Nude palette is something that I'm really loving, but I'm actually settling for it, because I decided I didn't want to spend £35 on the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I much prefer spending my money on face make up because I won't necessarily always wear eyeshadows (as I wear a lot of eyeliner and sometimes adding eyeshadow looks a bit OTT). There is a great selection of colours and I find that Nougat and Honeycomb are also great highlighters. My favourite colours in the palette are Honeycomb and Mineral Earth :) Watch this space for some Youtube tutorials on how to make the most of your Sleek Nude Palette!

 Also, I've been using my beloved Hema brushes for eyeshadows but I'm looking to branch out to other brands. Can anyone recommend some good eyeshadow brushes for me? Both application brushes and blending brushes :)

So that's my most recent haul! What have you guys been buying and loving recently?

P.S. Sorry you can see my boobs in the photo of the Sleek palette! ha!

:) X

16 comments:

  1. I so wish that Sleek was more available in the States! They look like such beautiful colors. Great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove vaseline body lotion too~!!! I've been using the cocoa glow for a week now. definitely my HG :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Sleek Storm Platte and I love it! I've also been wanting to try this one, but I'm afraid that the matte shades are not pigmented enough (I love super pigmented colours). Is it worth buying it?

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sandra - to be honest, I have found that when you swatch the matte colours of your fingers or hand, they come out very strong, but when i apply them to my lid they're not quite the same. As i said in my post, I want some new eyeshadow brushes so I think maybe it might be that I'm not using the right brush for them. I haven't used the brush that comes with the set, so maybe with another brush they would be better. And the sparkly shades are very pigmented of course :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing what products other people use because i never know what to use myself. I think I will be trying out some of the products from your recent haul sometime soon!

    http://escapingthewndow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, the Porefessional is really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked up some really great stuff! And I agree - sometimes it really is nice to just be on your own doing a bit of shopping! The colours in that Sleek palette are really lovely! I wish we had Sleek makeup where I live! Urban Decay's Naked Palette is definitely on my wish list though! Your blog is really fantastic - following you! :)

    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great haul, I've heard a lot of great things about ROC but its kind of pricey here so I haven't wanted to buy it! I love your background! I like your blog and I am a new follower! Maybe u can check out my blog and follow if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the palette of eyeshadows!
    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Sleek Palette looks really good - I've never used Sleek before but I have heard good things so maybe I need to give it a go!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your haul!!! the sleek palette is so nice and thanks for the info about the pore fessional....=)

    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ive just recently started my own blog it would really mean alot to me if you would follow me as im trying to get my viewings up www.be-jules.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sleek pallete!

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Photos. Love the sleek nude palette. You can share your ideas on LIFO. It is an online hub for girls that let them have their own virtual closet, read and write about the latest fashion, beauty and celebrity trends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours on your sleek pallete I have the benefit Porefessional and it works wonders for me! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D