Monday, 24 October 2011

My Facial Routine

So I thought I would do a post on my make-up facial routine. As a 21 year old who still suffers from bad acne, I'm constantly looking for the best cover for my face. I'm always worried that I'll cross the line and end up looking like I have too much make up on, in an attempt to have "normal looking skin", but I think that my current routine is pretty solid in making my skin look good.

I've created a tutorial video to show my routine at length, but here's a list of products that I have used:

Foundation: MAC Select SPF15 Foundation in NW15  - which you can buy here
Concealer: MAC Select Cover up in NC20 - which you can buy here
Blush: TopShop Loose Powder Blush in Sunsweep - which you can buy here
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 006 Warm Beige - which you can buy here
Brushes: Eco Tools - which you can buy here and here


MAC foundations and concealers are in my opinion the best products to use as a base on your face if you have bad skin (including acne, blotchiness, oily skin etc). The only problem is that if your make-up budget is on the lower end of the scale then you may not be able to afford a large collection of MAC products, but it's definitely worth investing in one or two. They have an array of different kinds of foundations and concealers based on your skin tones, types, and the amount of coverage that you want, but it's always best to play it safe  and go for medium coverage. With MAC, the darker the shade, the more "orange" the product tends to get so it's always a good idea to test try it first.

MAC concealer is a great new product for me which I am really pleased about. I've never had such a great cover up from a concealer before. I used to use a dry concealer stick from "17" but it tends to dry out my skin so I thought it would be best to switch to a liquid concealer. Best idea I've ever had!


The blush I use is from Topshop which is another new buy for me. The link that I've posted above to buy it is actually for another shade called Walnut but I think that any of the blush colours from Topshop are nice - but only the loose powder ones, I'm not a fan of the pressed powder ones. The method of putting it on is pretty cool I think, as long as you blend it across the apples of your cheeks with a large brush, otherwise the application is too concentrated. The glitter combined in the powder highlights your face at the same time as being used for a blusher so you definitely save time and money there :-)

Finally, the Rimmel pressed powder is a good buy. The best pressed powder that I have ever come across is Bourjois Mineral Radiance Pressed Powder but again if you're strapped for cash then the Rimmel pressed powder does pretty much the same job. It also comes in a variety of different colours so your chances of getting a powder identical to your skin tone are pretty high.



Enjoy! :) X

1 comment:

  1. great post! i'm 25 and still get acne too, so annoying. MAC foundations are pretty good at covering everything. thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Comments make my day :D